Making resolutionss is a neat trap- you know you are going to break most of them, -and feel terrible about it for the rest of the year!
Instead, I suggest you make a wish list. It is like a buffet spread-you can eat all or eat nothing-it depends on how hungry you are.
I have made a wish list. Which can provide the required acceleration to your life. It is like a beautiful buffet spread on a Sunday afternoon.
Starters: (pick any 2)
1. I will try to get up early (you can accomplish 30 % more during 5 am to 10 am)
2. I will exercise at least for 30 minutes 4 times a week (you have no choice on this)
3. I will meditate /prey/ visualize positive things/do yoga for 30 minutes every day.
Main course (pick any 6)
1) As soon as I step out of my door in the morning, I will behave as if I am on national television. My behavior will be impeccable.
2) I will invest in best clothes I can afford-along with good shoes (good shoes define your personality, so don’t ignore them)
3) I shall do only things, which will increase my sales or reduce my costs.
4) Will outsource everything which is not our core competence
5) Will reduce my mobile bills by 30 %
6) Will contact 3 customers who have stopped doing business with me.
7) Will personally talk to 20 % of my top customers. (Every month)
8) I will not call my employees on weekends or when they are on vacations.
9) I will at least take one risky decision, which I was always scared to take.
10) I will train my brain to think creatively every day. I will try to do different things to exercise my brain muscles- try new style & color of clothes; go to new restaurants, visit zoo; listen to different music; visit toy shop to observe children buying toys, be nice to my mother-in-law etc.
11) I will do five things everyday, which will take me closer to my goals. (Make this as your screensaver)
12) I will not forget to market myself every day.
Desert (pick all)
1. I will take 2 vacations in a year
2. I will devote at least one day (Sunday) for family only. No business calls,
No laptops. Does not matter, how big my business/position is.
3. I will smile at every one I meet. (Even the liftman)
4. I will hug my spouse everyday in multiples of three.
5. I will watch one movie in a cinama hall every month (it is therapy for the soul)
6. I will read 2 books in a year.
7. I will do one thing, which I was always fearful about.
8. I will call two old friends, whom I have not spoken for years,
9. I will do one thing, which makes me truly happy. Does not matter if my wife or children get mad at me.
10. I have got only 52 weekends. I will not let anybody spoil them.
Let this year be the best year of your life.
To an amazing New Year!