Our Case Study for Malas
In 2008, Malas Fruits was a fifty-year-old organization in the business of manufacturing and selling Jams, squashes and syrups.
In spite of very good quality products, the company was not growing and distribution was limited to certain pockets of Maharashtra.
The sales turnover was around Rs 15 crores even after the brand being in the market for 50 years.
Neeti brand Accelerator was hired to transform the business status and create growth opportunities.
- To do a complete diagnostic study to understand the competitive landscape. To assess the market opportunity for Jams, squashes and syrups in Indian Market. To understand the need gaps, usage, spend, preferred pricing, vendor perceptions, future plans and other end-user parameters.
- Create a marketing strategy to penetrate the Maharashtra market, which will make way to enter other markets in India.
- To develop a comprehensive “Go To Market” strategy for attaining a market presence in Western Indian markets. This would include the development of better product portfolio; better packaging and competitive pricing.
- To create new brand identity and develop powerful positioning strategy.
- To advise on creation & management of sales and distribution network.
- A comprehensive research was done in key markets of Maharashtra to understand the marketing landscape.
Competitors like Kissan and others were studied and strategic platform was created.
- It was found that awareness for the brand was low and in spite of very good quality products it was not available at retail level. Hence a new distribution plan was made and sales team was created to cater to key markets in Maharashtra.
- At the same time, product packaging was changed to make it more attractive to children and housewives. (Ket customers for Jams and Malas crushes & Syrups).
- Awareness was created at the retail level by BTL activities.
- The sales started showing an upward trend from the 4th month onwards. The new packaging also helped in getting new customers
- Due to this positive trends, the company decided to launch new variants, which were an instant success.
- Currently, the sales turnover of the company has crossed Rs 150 crores.
- The Company is currently on a high growth path.
- Sales have tripled in a span of four years, brand equity has gone up, distribution reach has increased by three times.