The “Trimurti” is a concept in Hinduism “in which the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction are personified by the forms of Brahma the Creator, Vishnuthe Preserver and Shiva the Destroyer or Transformer.” These three Gods have been called “the Hindu triad” or the “Great Trinity“, often addressed as “Brahma-Vishnu-Maheswara”.
This “Trimurti” is a valuable management principal for growth companies. If you are looking for sustainable and breakthrough growth –follow the divine principle of “Brahma-Vishnu-Mahesh”.
Vishnu- Preserve the core
- Manage the present situation, retain competitive advantage.
- Take care of your key products, people and customers.
- Apply 80/20 rule. This rule says that 20 % of your customers will give you 80 % sales .So take care of your 20 % customers.
- Continuously work at costs reduction and increase of margins.
Shiva- the destroyer
- Selectively abandon the past.
- Business environment, customers, expectations have changed.
- Discard areas, products, employees, business partners which are not relevant any more.
- This is the most painful part of the growth strategy.
Brahma- the creator
- It requires a change in mind set.
- It demands innovation to attain leadership position.
- It is a marathon race to be broken into a mini races.