5 Hilarious Reasons FMCG & D2C Brands Should Get Offline Now
If you’ve been solely selling your D2C brands online, it’s time to shake things up. You may be wondering, “Why should I go offline when the internet is ruling the world?”
Well, let me break it down for you.
1) Online sales grew faster than a sneeze during Covid. But just like your favourite pizza loses its sizzling hotness once it arrives at your doorstep, the blazing speed of online growth was bound to cool down post-Covid.
Picture this: 95% of India still buys from traditional Kirana or grocery stores. It’s like all those people chasing after discounts on Diwali or January 26th, but you’re hiding in your digital cave, missing out on the action. Don’t be a hermit; join the party!
2) Ah, the 5.0% club! Out of the 600 companies active online, only a tiny fraction has crossed the coveted Rs 100 crores sales mark.
It’s like trying to become a big Bollywood star by only posting YouTube videos in your bedroom. You need the limelight of the traditional market to shine bright!
3) Now that the lockdown has ended , people are flocking back to traditional retail and modern trade outlets like they’re giving away free Wi-Fi.
It’s like the return of the zombies, except these customers crave the tactile experience of touching and feeling the products.
It’s as if they’ve finally realized that buying a saree online doesn’t give them the same thrill as twirling in it at a physical store. Embrace the touchy-feely experience, folks!
They want to squeeze that orange, not just click “add to cart.”
4) Millennials and Gen Z, listen up! I know you love your smartphones and swiping right, but deep down, you’re still craving that connection with the real world. Sure, you’ll check and compare products on your mobiles, but when it comes to sealing the deal, you’ll head straight to a physical store like it’s a concert featuring your favourite influencer.
5) Since the big guns like Unilever, Dabur, Emami, Colgate, Marico, Nestle, Amul, and ITC are taking their online launches offline, it’s time for you to hop on this rollercoaster of marketing brilliance! Imagine riding the same attraction as these industry giants—it’s like being on the same guest list as Bollywood superstars.
it’s time for you to hop on this bandwagon and enjoy the ride
So, what are you waiting for? Get offline, embrace the traditional market, and let your brand shine brighter than a disco ball on a Saturday night!
Remember, in this digital age, going offline might just be the wackiest and most effective move you can make.
#FMCG # D2C #Branding #BrandStrategy #reversemarketing #MarketingConsultancy #ProductLaunchSuccess #MarketingTips #BrandAwareness #MarketingStrategy #SalesBoost #MarketingInsights #MarketingCampaign #DigitalMarketing
About the author: Hemant is the Founder & CEO of branding and marketing firm “Neeti Brand Accelerator” in Mumbai. He is a brand strategist and has worked with more than 150 brands during last two decades. He is also mentor and coach to SMEs and startups. You can visit the website www.neeti.biz. You can contact him at email@example.com